UJI KOMPETENSI 3 (Latihan Soal Bahasa Inggris Kelas 11 SMA Semester 1: Anecdote)
UJI KOMPETENSI 3
A. Choose the correct answer by crossing a, b,c,d or e
Snake as night-Watchmen
Good morning class. Are you OK this morning? Good. Can you guess, what kinds animals are usually used as guard? Dog… good, You … cat, yes. It’s all right. What else? Lion? Oh no. What about snake? Have you ever heard that snake is used as guard or night watchmen? No!. All right, I’ll tell you the story. We have heard of dogs being used as guards. We know that banks, jewellery shops and some homes have security-guards. We have also read about certain famous or important personalities who are always protected by bodyguards. But have you heard of snakes being employed as night-watchmen?
Larry Montgomery’s petrol-station in New Orleans, Louisiana – in the United States of America – uses two snakes as patrolmen.
Let me continue, Larry decided to make such use of snakes after thieves had broken into his petrol station a number of times. At first, he had dogs for the purpose, but he soon found out that burglars could easily kill dogs. Larry knew that many people afraid of snakes. People are especially nervous when they know that a snake is somewhere around, but do not know exactly where it is.
Since Larry started to use the snakes as watchmen, he found that burglars are not so keen on breaking into his station anymore. Once, some burglars did break in. they were busy going through some drawers in the office when the snakes suddenly appeared. Immediately, the burglars abandoned their search and runaway.
So, now, when Larry closes the station every night before going home, they set the snakes loose – These creatures will then crawl about inside the office until the next morning when Larry come to open the station for business.
01. David : What kind of text is it?
Lina : It is a … .
02. Andi : What is Larry business?
Budi : … .
03. Andi :What are used by Larry to guard his business place.?
Rian : … .
04. Andi : Why does Larry use them to guard his business place?
Ali : I think it was because … .
a. Burglars are afraid of snakes
d. burglars are afraid of night-watchmen
b. Burglars are afraid of dogs
e. burglars are afraid of patrolmen
c. Burglars are afraid of Larry himself
05. Andi : Where does Larry come from?
Andi : he comes from … .
06. Amin : …but do not know exactly where it is. (Prg 3). The underlined word refers to …
Aziz : … .
07. Andi : Which of the following words is not material processes?
Ali : I think … .
08. Andi : What word is in the third paragraph which has the similar meaning with “ aim”.?
Ali : ….
09. Andi : Sentences “Larry knew that many people afraid of snakes. People are especially nervous when they know that a snake is somewhere around, but do not know exactly where it is.” Belongs to…….
Ali : …. .
10. Andi : The word “ when” in prg 5 belongs to …
Ali : it is …
c. rhetorical questions
e. temporal conjunction
d. past tense
11. Andien : Your voice is ….loud. It makes noise pollution.
Elia : Sorry
12. Father : This razor is …….sharp. But you must sharpen it before you use .
Son : Yes, Dad.
13. Anna : This is a …..expensive shoes. !
Ani : Don’t buy it. Find the cheaper ones.
14. Anita : Which one you prefer , Apple ….Mango?
Eliza : I prefer Apple.
15. Anita : When did you go home last night?
Asri : I went home …. I finish doing my homework at the library.
16. Marni : If you asked me to accompany you I ……..”Yes”.
a. will answer
. would answered
e. would have answered
b. would answer
17. If Suharno …….. hard he will be successful in his test.
e. will study
d. had studied
18. Paul has never visited Jakarta, …..?
a. doesn’t he
c. has he
e. hadn’t he
b. hasn’t he
d. does he
19. Every body works hard everyday, ….. ?
a. don’t they
c. doesn’t it
e. isn’t he
b. don’t you
d. doesn’t she
20. Let’s go to the restaurant, ……?
a. shall we
c. will you
e. aren’t I
b. won’t we
d. aren’t we
21. Fill in the blank with suitable expression
Narnia : Oh, no. my file lost. I have to submit it tomorrow.
Andy : ……………………I’ll help you to find it. I am sure we find it.
22. Fill in the blank with suitable expression
Gardit : I slipped when I drove my car in the rainy road. Fortunately I am all right.
Fitriana : ………………….. you are not wounded
23. Put the verb in the bracket into the correct one.
I would apply for the job if I …….. (be) you.
24. Give the remark with suitable question tag.
You will accompany me to the party, ……………..?
25. Combine the sentences with suitable temporal conjunction
Maria took a bath.
Maria went to school
Baca dan Download Modul Bahasa Inggris Kelas 11 SMA Semester 1 Lengkap Bab 1 2 3 4 5 6 dan Kumpulan Latihan Soal dengan cara klik Download Modul Bahasa Inggris Kelas 11 SMA Semester 1 Lengkap
Artikel Menarik Lainnya