Soal PTS/UTS Bahasa Inggris Kelas 10 Semester 1 K13
Early one morning, Umar was walking to the bus stop to catch a bus to school. A loud, screeching noise suddenly pierced the air. Umar realized that there had been an accident. A small boy was lying unconscious on the road, and the car that had hit him had already run away.
Umar was confused and frightened. “is the boy dead?” Umar asked himself. However, the boy was still breathing. Umar could see that the boy had bruises all over his face and arms.
Umar did not know what to do. Few cars passed along this road at this time of the day. The nearest house which he could go to for help was his own, but it would take ten minutes to walk there. Umar finally decided to stay with the boy until somebody came by.
Time passed very slowly – so it seemed to Umar. The boy was still unconscious, and Umar prayed for the boy to regain consciousness.
Umar sprang to his feet at the sound of an approaching car. He waved frantically at the driver to stop. Umar asked the driver,”You will help this boy, won,t you, Sir?” The driver was kind. He carried the injuried boy to the car. Umar went with them to the hospital. Later, the driver took Umar to the police station to report the accident.
Umar had a lot to tell to his friends that day at school. All his friends though Umar was a very brave boy.”it was an unforgettable incident, wasn,t it?” They asked him.
“Yes, it was, “Umar replied.”it was a terrifying experience, thought!”
1. What is the genre of the text?
e. News item
2. The purpose of the text is to ….
a. tell a past event
d. report a phenomena
b. entertain readers
e. describe Umar,s activity
c. discuss something
3. Umar and the helpful driver went to the police station after they ….
a. stopped the approaching car
b. reported the accident they saw
c. brought the boy to the nearest house
d. had seen the injured boy on the road
e. had carried the injured boy to the hospital
4. “Time passed very slowly” ….( paragraph 4 )
This part of the text is called ….
5. What do Umar,s friends think about him ….
a. he is an honest boy
d. he is a kind boy
b. he is a coward boy
e. he is an easy going boy
c. he is a very brave boy
6. The old woman was feel …. after she had heard that her beloved son was seriousely injured in a terrible accident.
7. The room is to narrow, we need a …. of air in here.
“Once upon a time a hawk feel in love with a hen. The hawk flew down from the sky and asked the hen, “Won,t you marry me?”
The hen loved the brave, strong hawk and wishes to marry him.But she said,”I cannot fly as high as you can. If you give me time, I may learn to fly as high as you. Then, we can fly together.”
The hawk agreed. Before he went away, he gave the hen a ring. “This is to show that you have promised to marry me,”said the hawk.
So it happened that the hen had already promised to marry a rooster. So, when the rooster saw the ring, he became very angry. “Throw that ring away at once! Didn,t you tell the hawk that you,d already promised to marry me?” shouted the rooster .The hen was so frightened at the rooster anger that she threw away the ring immediately.
When the hawk came the next day, the hen told him the truth. The hawk was so furious that he cursed the hen. “Why didn,t you tell me earlier? Now, You,ll always be scratching the earth, and I,ll always be flying above you to catch your children,”said the hawk.
The curse seems to have come true.
8. What is the genre of the text?
e. News item
9. Why couldn,t the hen say “yes” right away?
a. because she did not love the hawk
. because she had no ring to exchange
c. because it would make the roaster angry
d. because the hawk was too brave and strong
e. because she had to learn how to fly as high as the hawk
10. What is the story about?
a. A hen and a rooster
b. A hawk and his wife
c. A hen and her children
d. A rooster ang his fiancé
e. A hawk, a hen and a rooster
11. The hawk flew down from the sky and asked the hen,”won,t you marry me?”(paragraph 1).
What does the underlined utterance mean?
a. The hen wanted to marry the hawk
b. The hen refused to marry the hawk
c. The hen agreed to be the hawk,s wife
d. The hawk proposed the hen to be his wife
e. The hawk wanted to marry the hen at the sky
12. Why was the rooster angry when he saw the ring?
a. The hen had betrayed him
b. The hen had stolen his ring
c. The hen didn,t wear her own ring
d. The ring was not good for the hen
e. The ring was to small for the hen
13. What can we learn from the story? We have to ….
a. take care of our children
b. keep our promise
c. love one another
d. listen to other
e. marry soon
14. The hen loved the brave ….(paragraph 2)
This part of text called ….
d. Major complication
15. When the hawk came ….(paragraph 5)
This part of the text called
d. Major complication
16. After the passengers had been out from the plane board, the stewardess collect the trash which may be …. By the passengers.
c. set up
17. You needn’t to …., because we have heard your voice clearly.
18. What is the tense that use on the text above?
a. Past tense
d. Perfect tense
b. Present tense
e. Past perfect tense
c. Future tense
19. ”Didn,t you tell the hawk that you,d already promised to marry me?” Shouted the rooster.
Which word of the following words has the closest meaning with the underlined word?
20. The hawk was so furious that he cursed the hen. One of the following words is the anthonyme of the underlined word.
How to make a Ballon Powered Rocket
You will need a ballon, sticky tape, sensors, string, a plastic drinking straw.
1. Thread the string carefully through the drinking straw.
2. The one end of the string to an object (tree, door handle, post, and so on)
3. The other end of the string to something ten meters away making sure that the string is tight.
4. Cut two pieces of sticky tape.
5. Gently blow a little air into the ballon.
6. Hold the end of the ballon tightly so the air does not escape.
7. Tape the ballon firmly to the straw.
8. Blow more air into the ballon and again hold the end tighly.
9. Quickly release the end of the ballon and watch it travel along the string.
21. What is the genre of the text?
22. What is the communicative purpose of the text?
a. To tell the story of a ballon
b. To retell the event
c. To explain the steps how to make a ballon power rocket
d. To describe the ballon
e. To inform the reader how to do something
23. What is the goal of the text?
a. Telling about the ballon powered rocket
b. Making a ballon powered rocket
c. Making a rocket power ballon
d. Powered rocket with ballon
e. Powered rocket is a ballon
24. “You will need a ballon, sticky tape, sensors, string, a plastick drinking, straw.”
What do we call this part of the text?
25. How many materials are needed to make a ballon powered rocket ….
Bentuk soal ini terdiri atas Pilihan Ganda (PG) dan uraian. File soal dapatdidownload dengan klik tombol downloaddibawah ini: