Soal UTS Bahasa Inggris Kelas 9 SMP/MTs Semester 1 Kurikulum 2013 Terbaru
Bentuk soal ini terdiri atas Pilihan Ganda (PG) dan uraian. File soal dapatdidownload dengan klik tombol downloaddibawah ini:
Soal PTS/UTS Bahasa Inggris Kelas 9 SMP/MTs Semester 1 Kurikulum 2013
A. Choose the best answer!
The text is for questions number 1- 4
Subject : My big plant
Hi! Glad to know you have passed your exams. I also had my exams last month and now I’m waiting for the results. My teacher said it is going to be announced next week. Wish me luck, then.
Do you know what I am going to do after receiving the result? I’m going to spend my vacation at my uncle’s house in Manado. We will go diving in Buyat Bay to the see the beauty of underwater world. There are many sports in Buyat Bay which are rich of colorful coral reefs and creatures. Come over to my uncle’s house, Rehan. We will go on the adventure together.
Let me know if you can come. See you
1. Who had exams last month?
A. Rehan B. Ivan
C. Ivan’s teacher D. Rehan’s teacher
2. When will Ivan go to Manado?
A. After he knows the results of his exams C. When he has enough money
B. After he gets a letter from his uncle D. This week
3. “We will go on the adventure together.”
What does the underlined word refer to?
A. Rehan C. Ivan and his uncle
B. Ivan D. Rehan, Ivan and his uncle
4. “I’m going to spend my vacation”
The underlined word means …………
A. Times when people take a walk in the park
B. A length of time in a person’s life
C. A period of time when schools are closed
D. A period of time when students do tests
B. Fill in the with certainty expression (I’m sure) or uncertainty expression (I’m not sure)!
5. …………… that cutting down trees in the jungle is good activity.
6. …………… that flood make people suffer.
7. …………… that the low quality of education can help people out from the poverty.
8. …………… that human being can sustain their life without plants and animals’ help.
9. ………….. that illegal lodging is very danger and serious crime.
C. Read the text carefully and answer the questions!
Goal is precious metal. Gold is used as ornaments or as money.
Goal in many places is found in many places, but in a small supply. It is often found on the surface of the earth. Since gold is a heavy substance, it is sometimes found loose on the bottom of rivers. The gold is found together with sand and rocks, and must be separated from them. It is simple to search for this type of gold.
It is not usually necessary to drill for gold, but when a layer of gold is located deep below the surface of the earth, it is possible to drill a hole into the ground. Engineers have developed modern process for removing gold from the rocks.
Since gold is not very hard, it is sometimes melted and added to other substances for making rings, coins, and art objects. It will be priced forever because it is useful, rare, and useful.
10. What is the title of the text?
11. What is the main idea of paragraph one?
12. When do the people use drill to get the gold?
13. When can people make from the gold?
14. Why do the people find the gold on the bottom of the river?
15. Why will gold be priced forever?
16. “ It will be priced forever because ….” (Paragraph 4). What does the underlined word means?
D. Change the sentences into passive form!
17. Anita buys a bag.
18. The government protects tigers.
19. The students wear black shoes.
20. The boys play football.